Here’s a look at some of our top blog posts from the past year. We cover a variety of HR related topics and trends. Feel free to follow us on Twitter and Facebook to keep up with the latest in staffing trends in the Okanagan.
Top 10 Articles from 2017
- Why you need to build an agile workforce – The workforce world is currently undergoing a metamorphosis. Technology and the changing needs of employees are affecting how employers approach building a solid and productive workforce. In order to build a highly productive team, today’s employers must be flexible and understand that having an agile team is the future. Your organization must be nimble and must be flexible enough to attract top talent and non-traditional workers.
- Okanagan Staffing Tips for 2018 – Like many employers in the Okanagan, if you are having difficulty in finding employees to join your team, you may need to get more creative with your recruitment practices. Here are ten staffing tips when hiring in the Okanagan.
- 7 Recruiting Tips and Trends in the Digital Age – Having an adaptive approach to your recruiting strategy is a must-have in this day and age. Your average job seeker is taking more time to research out companies that they may want to be a part of. They want to get a true feel for how an organization operates and if it is the type of environment that they would like to be a part of? They want to understand about the company’s culture, and what your organization can offer that others cannot.
- Establishing a Work from Home Plan Employer Version – The fact is upward of 40% of workers will be self-employed by 2020, so your HR team must be prepared to deal with this shift. Part of this means having the ability to attract talent by offering the ability to work remotely. Read on to learn more.
- Employer Recruiting Tips: How to determine which questions to ask in an interview – Every manager or HR manager has their “Go-To” list of questions to ask candidates during an interview, but when should you ask said question? Are there questions that you should ask every candidate? How do you determine which questions will be the best ones to help you make a decision on selecting the right candidate?
- Moving Away from Annual Performance Reviews – In our article on Five Workplace Trends for 2017, one of the trends that we identified was that Annual Performance Reviews are starting to become a dated practice and that there is a need to have more of a continuous process for performance reviews.
- How to Develop a Staffing Strategy Using Senior Workers – Regardless of industry there is something to be said for having an experienced workforce. Which leads us to an interesting trend happening in the Canadian job market. More and more employees are working past the age of 65. From office positions to trades and retail, Canadians are working past retirement age.
- How to Screen Job Applicants – Taking the time to properly review applications and screen job applicants will make your recruiting process more efficient and will improve your hiring process while ensuring that you make the right decision in your hiring practices. It should be noted that there are exceptions to any rule, but taking the time to carefully review job applicants can save your organization time and money in the long run.
- How to Find a Job with a Recruiter – 2017 Edition – Finding a job can be challenging at the best of times. Leveraging a recruiter to help find a job can save you time and grief. Using a qualified recruiting agency will offer some advantages that you may not be able to obtain on your own. With a recruiter, you gain a skilled and experienced representative that will assist you in the highly competitive search for jobs. A recruiter can act as your liaison to HR managers and has access to resources and industry information that they can share with you to support your job hunt. In 2017, the question is why wouldn’t you use a recruiter to find a job?
- What are the Jobs of the Future for Canadians? – As a child, many of us have aspirations as to what we want to be when we grow up. And while not all of us can be professional athletes, singers or TV personalities, there has always been a number of popular career choices available. Factor in the digital age and the ever changing possibilities of technology and we are seeing new careers emerge unlike ever before.
Continue to visit or site and our blog as we will continue to provide articles and tips for both job seekers and organizations looking for HR and recruiting assistance.
Need assistance with your recruiting or staffing efforts in the Okanagan? Contact us today to set up a consultation. Speak with one of our experienced HR consultants and begin preparing for your 2018 staffing needs today!