Having an adaptive approach to your recruiting strategy is a must-have in this day and age. Your average job seeker is taking more time to research out companies that they may want to be a part of. They want to get a true feel for how an organization operates and if it is the type of environment that they would like to be a part of? They want to understand about the company’s culture, and what your organization can offer that others cannot.
Another area that has changed in how people research jobs or organizations is through digital. We live in a mobile world where job seekers are using their smartphones and tablets to access information. They look to social media outlets and review sites to get public opinion. They seek credible information about your brand and your company.
As a result of the there being more information available than ever before on the digital highway, you can leverage this channel as an effective part of your recruiting efforts.
7 Recruiting Tips and Trends in the Digital Age
Here are a few tips and tricks that you may want to consider as part of your digital recruiting efforts.
- Participate in the Social conversation – it may go-without-saying, but in this day and age you must be active on social media. Depending on your business, this may mean having an active Facebook page, Twitter account, LinkedIn profile or other. It’s not enough just having an account, you need to be active in the conversation. Job seekers will be sure to check out your social media activity.
- Mobile Marketing – according to this article from Glassdoor, 45% of job seekers use their mobile devices to search for jobs at least once a day. Ensure that your website and specifically your careers content is easy to “consume” on a mobile device.
- Optimize the /careers/ section of your website – provide an easy way to access job postings and job descriptions on your website. One of the first places job seekers may visit online is your website. Be sure to have current job postings and clear information about the application process.
- Measure the activity of your careers section of your website – use analytics to determine how well your career content is being engaged with. Evaluate engagement metric such as time spent, bounce rate and monitor your internal site search to see what potential job seekers are looking for.
- Empower employees to be digital brand ambassadors – job seekers will be looking at 3rd party review sites such as Glassdoor. Encourage employees to write digital reviews of your company. Transparency is key here so you’ll need to take the good with the bad. However, if your organization has high employee satisfaction you should be confident in what they say about your company. Fact is, job seekers want to know the good and the bad about an organization. Work with your employees to share their stories as to why they love working at your company.
- Monitor third party employ review sites – There are several company review sites in addition to Glassdoor or Indeed that you should monitor to gain an understanding of your brand’s perception. Many job seekers will visit these sites to understand an employer’s culture, employer brand, whether their compensation and pay is fair, and learn about human resources benefits and company policies.
- Leverage a recruiting agency to assist in the online promotion of your job postings – established recruiters often have a current inventory of the best sites to use to promote job postings and have an established process for submitting your openings to a higher number of job seekers than what you may be able to access on your own.
In the Digital age, information on the Internet allows potential employees to understand what they’re getting into when they are applying for employment at a new organization, prior to accepting a job offer. Ensure that your company has a strong digital footprint so that job seekers can find the most up-to-date and accurate information about your organization.
Need assistance with your recruiting strategy? We can help. Contact Aspire Recruitment Solutions at 778-484-0161.
Aspire Recruitment Solutions is the leading human resource solution and employment agency provider to clients in Kelowna, Vernon, Kamloops, Northern BC and Alberta. We connect great employers with the best candidates every day.