We are often asked about what our Human Resources consulting services consist of or if we offer HR consultation.
HR Consulting Defined: HR consulting is simply that, it is consultation on human resources practices. This can range from requiring assistance with recruiting and hiring efforts, or it can be strategic integration of HR programs, processes, policies or practices.
At the end of the day, the role of an HR Consultant is to assist our clients with identification of their HR needs, help them develop an action plan and establish policy and procedures to enhance the success of their organization. Typically these efforts break down into four core areas of focus.
The 4 P’s of HR Consulting
HR consulting has grown from just assistance with recruiting and staffing. Human Resources consulting often focuses on four key areas:
- Human Resources Plan / Programs – establishing an overall HR plan that your organization utilizes. This could include establishing or updating your company’s HR package. Redefining your HR program helps not only with staffing the organization, but also with retention and future recruitment. Your HR plan will consist of goals, targets and a strategic map for attaining these goals and targets.
- Processes – creating the necessary protocol and documentation that are to be followed as part of your deploying HR programs. This could include instructions for mapping out interview process, the post interview process or
- Policies – establishing “rules” and documentation around everything from orientation to codes of conduct, non-disclosure agreements etc.
- Practices – this might include things like developing job descriptions and determining the best avenues for sharing job postings. This would also include creating things like an Employee Handbook or Performance Appraisal forms.
The goals of an HR Consultant is to assist in human resource management, and provide the necessary support by creating processes and policy designed to improve productivity, efficiency, communication and employee morale.
We have previously discussed when your organization may require HR consulting, but what specifically might you need assistance with? Ten common areas that Aspire Recruitment Solutions assist our clients with in terms of HR support include:
- Applicant Pre-screening
- Offer Negotiations
- Compensation & Recognition Statements
- Creating & Implementing Guidelines
- Conflict Management support
- New Hire Orientation
- Employee Handbook Development
- Performance Evaluation
- Documentation of HR Policies
- Outplacement Services
HR Consulting is something that business owners should consider if they want to continue to grow their business. Whether you are a small business or a larger business with multiple locations, leveraging a recruiting agency that provides HR consulting may be just what you need to take your business to the next level.
Need some assistance with your human resources practices? It may be time to consider some HR Consulting to help you map out a strategic Human Resources plan for your company. You can visit our HR Consulting page for more information or if you feel that your company is in need of HR Consulting, contact us today for assistance with your human resource management needs!
Aspire Recruitment Solutions provides HR Consulting solutions to small, medium and large sized businesses in Kelowna, the Okanagan and beyond.