Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for:
- Full cycle accounting including bank reconciliations and journal entries;
- A/P and A/R, including data entry:
- Managing and communicating with vendors and making payments
- Invoicing and accounts receivable collection o Inter-company billings and invoicing
- Construction costing (compliance, WCB, insurance, purchase orders, contracts, hold backs, job costing);
- Preparing timely management month end reports as directed;
- Ensuring established finance workflows are being followed consistently; Supporting other day to day accounting and administration requirements.
As an ideal candidate, you have:
- An accounting diploma and/or a minimum of 5 years of recent related experience;
- Prior experience working in the construction industry would be a definite asset;
- Strong computer literacy, including excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Previous experience with SAGE 300CRE (previously Timberline) is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities.
- A keen interest in working in a team-based environment and contributing to the team in a positive way;
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality and integrity;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Well organized with strong attention to detail, accuracy, and analytical thinking.
- The ability to thrive in a team-based environment, although you are self-motivated and able to function autonomously.
This is a full-time position, with an excellent total compensation package.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org