Are you looking for an exciting new challenge? Create your own unique menu and make your culinary vision come to life! Our client is searching for an experienced Chef to join their new restaurant in the newest busy hotspot in Kelowna.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head Chef will primarily be responsible for overseeing the operation of the kitchen.
- Construct menus in consultation with Managing Director with standard recipes and presentations including but not limited to :
- New culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
- Daily specials
- Menu rotation and menu engineering
- Prepare orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified needs
- Arrange for cleaning, maintenance and repairs of equipment as scheduled or needed.
- Remedy any problems or defects
- Assist MD with hiring, managing and training of kitchen staff
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
- Oversee the work of subordinates
- Be an integral part of the management team of Grizzly Bear Bistro & Bar
What you bring to the table:
- Degree in Culinary science or related certificate
- FOODSAFE Certification
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) training
- First Aid Certification
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations is required
- Proven experience as Head Chef or Deputy Head Chef/Sous Chef
- Outstanding communication, leadership and management skills
- The ability to manage a budget and keep accurate records.
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- The ability to inspire others and help them develop
- Creativity and precision
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Excellent understanding of useful computer programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
What do we offer?
- Base Salary
- 2 weeks’ vacation
- Extended Health Benefits
- Employee Discounts
- Incentive and retention bonus
If the above describes the kind opportunity you are looking for, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected to proceed will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com