We are currently searching for a payroll professional who has the ability to lead a team and high volume transactions.
The Payroll Coordinator is responsible for multiple financial activities relating to company semi-monthly payroll functions. This includes managing the timely and accurate processing of payroll data for salary and hourly employees. Integrity and strong attention to detail are crucial for this role.
- Provide training. leadership, direction and mentoring to the payroll team, developing performance objectives and conducting performance appraisals with direct reports;
- Prepare calculations for overtime as per Federal Canada Labour Code/Averaging Agreement and process quarterly reconciliations
- Arrange payment to CRA, WCB etc.
- Preform general ledger accounting for payroll and benefits, reconcile accounts and support the annual financial audits
- Manage/prepare bi-weekly payroll process for Canadian payroll of hourly and salaried employees
- Manage all payroll changes, allowances, benefits and deductions to ensure they are accurately entered and updated in the pay system.
- Manage/prepare ROE and final pay cheques for departing employees
- Manage/prepare month end and year end functions including T4’s and T2200’s
- Ensure all legislative requirements are regarding tax withholding, remittance and income reporting has been met for all jurisdictions
- Provide guidance to managers to ensure compliance with applicable federal and provincial legislation
- Work with Human Resources to ensure any changes in employee compensation programs are correctly designed within the payroll system to ensure continuous accurate, timely pay
- Prepare reports; including but not limited to: earnings summaries, taxes, deductions, disability, leaves of absence, vacation accruals, nontaxable wages etc.
- Identify best practice opportunities, process gaps and system enablement improvements to reduce manual intervention and redundant processing efforts
- Other projects/duties as assigned and mutually agreed upon
- Minimum of 5 years of payroll processing experience in a medium to large sized organization
- Completion of Canadian Payroll Management Certificate Program
- Strong knowledge of payroll systems, internal controls, and management
- Advanced proficiency with a computer based payroll program / application
- Knowledge of Canada Labour Code
This role is a 12-18 month maternity leave coverage.
Above average compensation and benefits package.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org