Our client is seeking a Warehouse Worker/Shipper-Receiver for their PRINCE GEORGE location. This candidate must be willing to train in Kelowna, BC and relocate to Prince George upon completion of training.
The Warehouse Worker/Shipper-Receiver is responsible for receiving stock, shipping orders / transfers out and serving customers for pick up orders. He/she also completes shipments by processing and loading orders for customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares orders by accurately interpreting packing slips and transfers; pulling materials, packaging and labeling appropriately; placing orders in pick-up area or shipping via means indicated on paperwork.
- Communicate with customers, branches and carriers when required to make shipping arrangements.
- Completes deliveries by driving truck or van to and from vendors. (Not applicable in Victoria)
- Maintains forklift by completing preventive maintenance requirements; advising supervisor of repairs required.
- Follows FSC protocol when applicable.
- Ensures quality service by following organization standards.
- Inspects incoming shipments for damage and following company procedures when damaged goods arrive.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment which includes warehouse, packing lot, showroom and washrooms; complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Completes shipping logs, FSC log and forklift safety checklist by entering required information.
- Maintains and strives to improve level of technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Maintain inventory levels in showroom
- Count inventory semi-annually.
- Contributes to team effort and completes other duties as required or assigned.
- 1+ years’ experience in a fast-paced Shipping and Receiving environment
- Strong attention to detail both written and spoken
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Forklift Certification an Asset
- Dangerous Goods Certificate preferred
- Experience with warehouse equipment
- Experience shipping and receiving dangerous goods an asset
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
**Be sure to specify the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.