Property Management and Real Estate Development Accountant
Our client is a rapidly growing real estate development company that develops office-retail projects across Western Canada. Their unique model and approach to market has resulted in a dynamic growth curve since their inception 5 years ago. In this short time they have delivered over 300,000 square feet of commercial real estate with a value of over $100 million dollars.
We are searching for a professional with an entrepreneurial mind and hardworking attitude to join this focused and dynamic team. Must be a motivated accounting manager who will supervise, monitor and evaluate all day-to-day accounting activities. You will establish financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting financial information. You will also be involved in establishing accounting systems within the organization that help form the foundation of this expanding company.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department
- Process month and end year end, accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, check runs, fixed asset activity & debt activity
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Coordinate and complete annual audits through external auditors
- Provide recommendations and input
- Improve systems and procedures
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Meet financial accounting objectives
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- Year-end CAM/ tax reconciliations
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software (Sage Accounting) and databases (Yardi Genesis 2)
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to direct and supervise
- University Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Property Management Experience
Excellent compensation package available to the successful candidate.
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
**Be sure to specify the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.