The Project Administrator will primarily be responsible for providing direct administrative support to the Project Management department. Coordinating communication and administrative documentation including contract administration and project expenditures. The Project administrator acts as the first point of contact for all incoming questions, concerns or inquires for the Project Management department.
***The position is temporary for several months with the strong potential of becoming permanent.
- Provide administrative support during all aspects of the project management process, ensuring that all applicable procedures are followed..
- Review and prepare various documents, reports and other correspondence materials for the Project Management team.
- Manage the flow and recording of documentation from the Project Managers, including RFI’s, Contracts and Change Orders, between the customer, internal staff and sub trades.
- In conjunction with the accounting department ensures that all invoicing forecasted for the month is completed and submitted to client within contractual timescales.
- Record progress draw requests and update contract amounts ensuring contract values reflect all approved change orders.
- Distribute scopes of work to the field and ensure that signed acknowledgements have been returned from all parties and are included in the project files.
- Create and maintain service and manufacturer warranty information in digital and hard copy formats ensuring that the client has all required information.
- Verifying shop drawing specifications and documenting adherence to drawing specifications. Communicating those documents outward to all stakeholders.
- File and maintain all project related correspondence on the server
- Receives, screens, logs and routes correspondence, attaching necessary background information and maintain follow-up system for action and deadlines
- Ensures all signed contracts from sub trades are accompanied by the relevant supporting documentation.
- Responsible for preparing agenda and recording minutes for the weekly Planning Meetings
- Distributes and tracks site issued Purchase Orders and updates master folder.
- Assist with report and presentation preparation.
- Maintain a professional image and demeanour with all employees, management, executives and visitors at all times.
- First point of contact for any questions, concerns or suggestions for the Project Management department.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of direct work experience in a Project Administrative capacity, preferably in the construction industry.
- Previous experience in project management an asset.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project an asset.
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures.
- Superior typing skills at 60 words per minute.
- Able to write and format moderately complex correspondence, including memos, letters, etc.
- Computer proficiency, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail required.
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential.
- Meticulous records maintenance skills with the ability to maintain filing systems and basic databases.
- Superior telephone manners and excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent writing skills, including proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Previous experience in handling confidential or sensitive information.
- Strong organizational, time management and multitasking skills.
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion.
- General mathematical and budgeting skills.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Sit for extended periods.
- Overtime may be required.
- Travel may be required.