Our client, located in Vernon, British Columbia is seeking to fill a position of Operations Accountant.
This is a permanent full-time position. The core functions of the Operations Accountant will be operations reporting and the oversight of the pole perpetual and costing inventory systems. Primary responsibilities will include cost reporting, the valuations of inventory in both Canadian and US operations and the supervision of inventory clerical staff.
We are searching for candidates with an accounting designation that preferably have some industry experience (either post or pre-qualification) within an accounting group at a manufacturing enterprise. Some supervisory experience would be an asset.
- Pole inventory – overseeing the inventory perpetual records, including:
- Completion of month-end inventory costing process to apply production costs for the month to inventory and to relieve inventory of the cost of poles sold during the month
- Reconciliation of subledger to general ledger on a monthly basis
- Completion of reports for the monthly corporate reporting package
- Physical counts – overseeing physical counts
- Supervision/management of inventory clerical staff – supervise duties, performance reviews, training plans,, input into compensation reviews
- Preservative Inventories:
- Tracking of monthly preservative usage
- Maintaining and reviewing the treating database
- Quarterly reporting and analysis of costs
- Costing Statements – To provide users with information on the cost/volume of the various production processes and the total cost to produce a product.
- Full Costing reports – used for managerial analysis and measuring product profitability
- Departmental Costing – used for managerial analysis
- Cost accounting in a manufacturing environment
- Human resources (people, and communication skills)
- A working knowledge of the following programs:
- Dynamics GP
- Microsoft FRx
- Microsoft Office Suite
- An inventory system within a manufacturing environment
- Communications (written & oral)
- Computer applications
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail.