Manager, Training and Standards
The Manager, Training and Standards is responsible for assessing the needs, objectives, content, and learning principles associated with training content for new and recurrent training. A strict systems training approach is necessary to ensure all aspects of the training process meets and, in some cases, exceeds Strategic Aviation’s, airline partner’s, and aviation standards.
- Provides input and insight to the head office team on training innovations that will enhance training objectives
- Evaluates effectiveness of learning principles such as participation, repetition, relevance, transference and feedback.
- Develops effective training programs that include the following elements:
- contains desired program content
- considered appropriate for all facilities
- appropriate for trainee and trainer capabilities
The Manager, Training and Standard’s daily responsibilities include the development of training materials for all bases under Strategic Aviation Holdings Ltd. The Manager ensures these materials adhere to Standard Operating Procedures with regard to Service Level Agreements and Health and Safety Requirements. Other duties include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Build and prepare annual training programs and teaching plans with an eye to having others provide the training
- Develop and oversee the production of classroom handouts, instructional materials, aids and manuals
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement
- Deliver training courses
- Periodically evaluate ongoing programs to ensure they remain current
- Stay abreast of new trends and tools for employee development
- Conduct or arrange for ongoing technical training classes or programs for staff members
- Proven experience in designing multiple training events in a corporate/base setting
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and learning principles
- Proven ability to master the full training cycle
- Knowledge of learning management software
- Ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis and calculate training ROI
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences
- Sound decision making and organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS office
- Diploma in a related discipline
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to SBengert@saaviation.ca.
**Be sure to specify the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.