Manager of Financial Accounting
Our client is seeking a Manager of Financial Accounting for their Vernon, BC office. You would oversee the operation of the financial accounting department and oversee accounting operations of subsidiary corporations.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the operations of the financial accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Ensure that daily bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the quarterly working papers
- Consolidate multi-company financial statements.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
**Be sure to specify the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.