Our client is looking for a full-time intermediate interior designer or
intermediate interior design technologist to join our boutique firm in Kelowna, BC. We
specialize in commercial projects, offering forward-thinking design solutions that provide
our clients with a creative and functional space to sell their products and services while
strengthening their brand. Our ideal candidate is very familiar with commercial design
and construction documents. They will have a professional, yet down-to-earth
approach to work, and will be on the path to becoming a Registered Interior Designer.
- Assist supervisor with schematic design, design development, contract document
and project administration phases of projects including direct interaction with clients.
- Produce accurate and complete construction documents (at least 75% on own
initiative) that meet Company standards.
- Interpret contract documents, and inspect and manage on-going construction of
projects acting as the Prime Consultant.
- Independently manage day-to-day operations of projects within the Company while
working with your supervisor to resolve issues.
Qualifications & Skills
- A minimum of 2 years commercial Interior Design experience including working
drawings and project administration.
- Interior Design education, preference for CIDA accredited schools.
- Working knowledge of BC Building Code.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Sketchup a must.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or SU Podium an asset.
- Effective time management skills and be able to multi-task.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of materials and application of finishes and colors.
- Personal and approachable personality.
- Willing to undertake duties not directly related to the creative process of design.
- Work cooperatively and effectively to achieve team goals.
This is a permanent position, 35-40 hrs per week with potential to grow to full-time.