Human Resource Manager
The HR Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling and analyzing the operations of the Human Resources department. Key areas of responsibility include policy and procedure development; human resource planning; recruitment and selection; and the analysis and improvement of HR processes. In addition to remaining current with applicable federal employment laws and regulations, this role requires the individual to adhere to and enforce all established Company policies and procedures. This role further requires the individual to maintain positive relationships between the management team and employees. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
• Oversee all of the Human Resources department operations and processes.
• Organizational planning and development to support overall company strategy, including developing and managing employment policies and procedures, forecasting staffing requirements, and developing/implementing start-up operational plans.
• Performance Management; develop and manage performance appraisal process and assist managers with ongoing performance management at operational level, including progressive discipline.
• Advise and assist department managers on the interpretation and administration of policies, programs and best practices.
• Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and policies striving to resolve work-related issues.
• Compile statistical reports and metrics concerning personnel-related data such as turnover, cost of vacancies etc.
• Oversee recruiting and staffing levels for all operational areas of the organization, including developing job descriptions and advertisements.
• Ensure compliance of employment standards (Canada Labour Code).
• Compensation and Benefits; develop and communicate compensation strategies and policies.
• Disability claim management with various provincial Workers’ Compensation Boards.
The successful incumbent will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and will be capable of working with senior executive team on overall strategic HR initiatives within the organization.
• Two years of human resources experience. (equivalent combinations of education and experience will be evaluated).
• Proficient with MS Office programs
• Excellent communication skills: verbal and written
• Highly organized, efficient and focused with strong attention to detail
• Self-starter with ability to complete tasks accurately and on schedule
• Ability to work well under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
• Mature and skilled ability to build solid respectful relationships
• Knowledge of Canada Labour Code and Averaging Agreements would be an asset
• Creative and Innovative Thinking
• Development and Continuous Learning
• Problem Solving
• Research and Analysis
• Decision Making and Judgment
• Providing Consultation
• Ethics and Integrity
• Planning and Organizing
• Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
• Mediating and Negotiating
• Coaching and Mentoring
• Team Work