Financial Systems Specialist
Is responsible for the overall design and integrity of financial systems as they integrate within the corporate ERP system. Provides financial technical support to all departments (the Finance “SME”).
Manages procedural design and process documentation related to Infor M3 (changeorders / fixes / upgrades) and other Finance IT systems (Qlikview, Adaptive Planning).
Monitors system compliance with the entity’s policies and procedures related to finance security and audit controls. This includes liaison between IT staff, Finance managers and M3 Support staff to maintain financial system controls and integrity.
Provides support to the Director of Finance, Corporate Controller as required.
Systems Design: to ensure that the overall integrated ERP system design meets the required users’ core functionality and can be appropriately maintained and controlled from a fiinancial perspective.
All User requirements need to be functional to meet internal and external demands, while maintaining GAAP accounting for valuation, reporting, internal control, tracking and auditing purposes.
Internal Controls & processes: Support other departments on design and audit of financial system controls, provide liaison and coaching as organizational charts and operational roles change, to ensure that internal controls are maintained on an ongoing basis.
Training of staff: Develop training programs and coaching tools to orient new employees into the requirements of the Lawson systems.
Technical support: Develop specifications and test scripts for Lawson as required, and supporting whitepapers and policies where appropriate to deal with emerging issues and ongoing changes in business requirements.
Audit: provide support to Corporate or Divisional Controllers as needed for external audit requirements.
Issue Management: includes escalation, documentation of issues, coordination of support for complex testing and issue resolution. Prioritization of issues to be managed from Financial Controllers’ input.
Change Management Support: includes ensuring any system changes are communicated and provides training and process documentation support as required.
Project management support: Will support future upgrades, new developments and new business units of Financial detail management in project roll outs.
Other support: provide support to CFO and senior management as required
Required Certification, Education, Experience or Skills
- Advanced knowledge and work experience using Infor M3, including Finance modules
- 5+ years experience in general accounting procedures, including knowledge of financial statement preparation and budgeting.
- 5+ years experience in IT development, implementation or IT project management as related to financial operations
- Completed accounting designation
- Strong skills and experience in integrated ERP systems
- Advanced skills in database mining and code development (SQL, etc)
- Advanced skills in MS Excel. Basic to intermediate computer skills in other related skills.
- Ability to work well within and across departments
- Positive attitude
- Willing to work to deadlines
- Strong communication, coaching and presentation skills – verbal and written