Our client is an emerging company offering a rapidly-broadening range of passenger, cargo and ground support services to businesses centered around aviation in Canada.
The Ground Service Equipment Mechanic is required to perform skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of vehicles and also equipment such as tugs, belt loaders, de-icing trucks, push-back tugs, air start units, ground power units and other ground services equipment. The GSE Mechanic must be able to analyze, troubleshoot, dismantle, align, assemble and adjust mechanical equipment and machinery to maintain it in efficient operating condition. Work assignments will be received in the form of oral or written work orders, but the employee is expected to determine the nature and extent of needed repairs.
- Provide vehicle troubleshooting and diagnostic repairs
- Installation of new and added-on equipment
- Conduct first, second and third line repairs, modifications on vehicles
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and repairs to GSE in order to ensure that the equipment is available, reliable and safe to operate
- Monitor parts usage and report on any materials issues
- Assist in ordering replacement equipment, parts and supplies
- Accurate completion of work orders and time cards
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques
- Maintain safe working conditions and adhere to occupational health and safety regulations.
- Assist in preparing preventative and predictive maintenance schedules.
- Performs other duties as required
- Completion of college/vocational or technical training
- Red Seal Certification Preferred (3IOS or 3IOT)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the Trade
- Possess a valid drivers license
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Ability to work on a permanent basis in Canada
- Obtain a clear criminal record
- Ability to obtain necessary airport and/or Transport Canada security clearances
- Must be capable of lifting/pushing/pulling up to 70lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to work in stressful situations and tight time constraints
- Advanced Fuel Injection & Diesel Engine Tune-Up certificates/licenses
- Knowledge or experience with furnaces/pumps/hydraulics/electronics Air Conditioning and Refrigeration certificates/licenses
- Propane Fuel Systems certificates/licenses
- Automotive Inspection certificate/licenses
- Previous experience maintaining mobile ground power (generators), air conditioners (up to 110 ton), air start units (compressors up to 250 cfm), but will also consider experience in Farm or
- Heavy Industrial equipment
- Knowledge of drive-trains, diesel and gasoline engines, propane fuel systems, complex electrical and hydraulic systems, and metal fabrication and welding. Read and understand various schematic diagrams for maintenance troubleshooting and be proficient with computers and diagnostic tools.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Above average organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to:Interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Prepare for and respond to unforeseen changes/challenges related to safety and operations performance as it pertains to date to day operations.
- Successfully multitask and handle changing priorities
- Work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Consistently demonstrate a safety focused mindset