Responsible for continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes /lines with the objective to increase production efficiency and assure quality levels with consideration of safe work practices.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Trouble shoots and repairs automated mechanical and electrical production lines
- Analyzes the defects and efficiency of parts and equipment
- Analyzes errors in the equipment change-overs and continually improves setup and operation of production lines with a focus on reducing changeover times, while improving quality and safety, in order to meet Plant objectives
- Performs routine equipment maintenance, installs parts on site, and performs final testing on lines to ensure the lines are operational at the start of shift
- Proactively supports Packaging team in responding to time-sensitive line issues
- Actively participates in equipment tracking system
- Provides general support and guidance to Packaging Machine Operators to optimize line performance
- Assist with monitoring/tracking downtime in Packaging, driving improvements to meet OEE targets.
- Prioritizes work on the manufacturing line to ensure daily packaging schedule is met
- Writes operating procedures and trains users
- Provides advice, feedback and corrective action to Packaging Mgmt. and Production employees
- Trains, provides guidance, direction and feedback to Changeover Mechanics
- Assist with installation, debug and validation of process equipment
- Provides input to Managers and employees to ensure safety of employees
- Maintains a spare parts inventory and control orders
- Meets with suppliers and sales representatives.
- Develops the Preventative Maintenance schedule; assigns and follows up on work orders
- Other duties as assigned
- Applicants must possess Electrical or Instrumentation trades certification with second certification (millwright/machinist or other) or equivalent training and experience. Preference will be given to applicants holding a B Electrical Contractor’s Certificate or FSR.
- The candidate will support and promote a culture focused on Health and Safety, understand and adhere to HACCP requirements and the GMP policy. Strong mechanical aptitude, combined with troubleshooting and critical thinking skills are required.
- Must be self-motivated and organized. Ability to work under minimal supervision and preference for a team-oriented approach are desirable attributes. Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Shift work; however, primarily day shift..