Director of Operations
We are in search of a Director of Operations who is responsible for the overall management of assigned bases within the operation.
Our client is an alternative to traditional airline catering companies where we outsource the food production and focus on warehousing and transportation to our airline customers. Ideal candidate is a strong leader with the ability to management multiple locations. An understanding of airline catering logistics, warehousing and airport operations would be considered an asset.
The Director lends support to continuous improvement practices while analyzing opportunities in productivity and other operational processes within 24/7 catering facilities. Experience in warehousing, distribution, and transportation environments is essential. Food industry experience is preferred.
• Must have strong and effective leadership skills, with the ability to successfully manage a large staff in multiple locations.
• Strong business acumen with skills in financial analysis and managing profit and loss
• Knowledge of contract management and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
• Ability to look at situations from several points of view
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
• Technical skills in strategic planning and execution
• A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
• Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, and outlook
• Promote and embody the company mission, vision and values, ensuring team members in all bases are committed
• Direct all operations within the region
• Establish strategies to improve productivity and efficiency in the management of labor and inventory
• Create and oversee the region’s operations budget to meet company targets
• Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures and flawless execution of company programs and standards
• Instill high levels of service and energy to ensure customer satisfaction
• Motivate and develop a team of Operations Managers
• Oversee delivery and execution of core training and development plans for base
• Provide ongoing coaching, direction and leadership to team
• Performs other duties as required
• A Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in business administration or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience
• 7 – 10 years of operational management experience
Must have the ability to travel throughout Canada.
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to SBengert@saaviation.ca.
**Be sure to specify the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.