The Corporate Trainer is responsible for assisting in the development, evaluation and optimization of all aspects of the training program based on a competency role-based training strategy. Working closely with HR, the Corporate Trainer will identify and close gaps within current programs. Training will focus primarily on the business processes within each base and the integration points with Strategic Aviation, our airline partners, and aviation standards. The Corporate Trainer ensures all programs are delivered in an effective and efficient manner. This position is based in beautiful Kelowna, BC with frequent travel across Canada.
- Identifies training needs and training gaps in the organization in close cooperation with HR base managers.
- Provides input in to the training strategy and development of specific training plans
- Plans training courses and sessions while managing and monitoring the assigned training budget
- Cooperates with external partners to deliver tailored training programs and courses
- Evaluates the quality of training courses and implements improvements
- Pro-active and confident with the ability to work without direct supervision
- Conducts training courses at various locations across Canada as required
- Conducts safety audits at bases
- Maintains Strategic Aviation & SkyCafe training and procedures programs
- Oversees and coordinates all Delta Airlines required training
- Review and map current training material against existing business process flow charts (charts will be created where none exist)
- Formulates training outlines and determines instructional methods utilizing knowledge of specified training needs and effectiveness of such methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops
- Selects or develops training aids including training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works
- Coordinates administrative functions necessary to deliver and document training programs
- Evaluates effectiveness of training and development programs, and utilizes relevant evaluation data to revise or recommend changes in instructional objectives and methods
- Assists in analyzing and assessing training and development needs for individuals, departments, and/or external organizations
- Train the Trainer Certification recommended
- Proven ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and organized manner
- Demonstrated skills to develop collaborative working relationships with other departments to achieve goals
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Multi-tasking various projects at once and experience working under tight deadlines
- Valid Driver’s license
- Ability to travel across Canada to deliver training programs
Willing to work towards:
- Certified Delta Airlines trainer
- Qualified Trainer for both Air Canada/Jazz and Westjet/Encore
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Be sure to specify the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.