$13/hour paid weekly.
Reporting to the Lead, Shipping and Receiving, performs moderate mechanical assembly work in a fast paced manufacturing environment. Lays out reference points, fabricates and assembles structures according to engineering specifications, using hand tools and portable power tools.
• Confers with liaison personnel to determine assembly priorities.
• Reads blueprints and engineering specifications to plan assembly of structures.
• Scribes cutting and bending lines on prefabricated metal parts using precision measuring and layout instruments.
• Cuts, bends, and trims parts according to layout, using hand tools and portable power tools, such as brakes, electric saws, and grinders.
• Fits and assembles component structural parts preparatory to final assembly and welding using hand tools.
• Reworks assembled structures according to engineering specification changes.
• Verifies symmetry of structures, using measuring instruments.
• Sets and aligns components to specifications and engineering drawings.
• Fastens components per specifications, torque, and use of measurement tools.
• Performs standard assembly procedures, perform rework, and repair on manufactured equipment and products.
• Applies basic mechanical assembly skills.
• Works effectively with others in a team like, collaborative environment under ambivalent circumstances to resolve issues that require innovative and unique approaches.
• Updates job knowledge by actively participating in training opportunities.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Qualifications, Experience, Education
• Completed High School diploma or GED.
• At least 2 years related experience safely operating fabrication equipment such as saws, drill presses, presses, etc. is considered an asset.
• Previous experience and knowledge reading and interpreting blueprints (engineering drawings.
• Proven experience working in a team environment with positive interpersonal skills.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.