Accounts Payable Accountant
Our client is searching for a dynamic additional to a busy Accounting Department.
You will work closely and cooperatively with the Accounting team, and will report directly to the Accounting Manager and the VP of Finance and Accounting.
This position is responsible for the daily accounts payable transactions This person is professional, highly organized and very detailed oriented. The individual has the ability to prioritize and complete work efficiently in a timely manner. This role requires problem solving skills with the ability to analyze, provide analytical reasoning and clear communication to other team members.
• Code or ensure coding is correct on invoices, group and send out for approval
• Post all invoices and online payments within Yardi
• Communicate with Vendors regarding any questions or concerns
• Process and enter change order and contracts into jobs
• File PO/invoices
• Responsible for WIP retention process including payouts
• Produce cash requirements for all companies
• Produce cheque runs for all companies
• Reconcile Credit Card and make payments
• Handle all employee expense reports
• Oversee the updated new PO system and ensure
• Responsible to ensure all invoices are signed off by appropriate authority
• Provide support for the intermediate accountant when required
• All other duties not specifically named here but may be required by accounting manager or VP Finance
• Strong work ethic; able to work productively, equally with minimum supervision or cooperatively and collaboratively in a team.
• Accounting diploma or degree is a requirement.
• 1 year direct experience.