This position will report directly to the General Manager.
Full-Time Permanent Position.
This individual must have above average communication skills both oral and written. Possess the ability to make critical decisions and demonstrate the ability for problem solving. Must be able to deal effectively with staff, customers, Municipal, Provincial, and Federal government officials.
This candidate must be a strong and confident leader who is willing to implement some changes and efficient work processes.
The primary function of this position is to maintain the financial administration of the district, provide supervision and guidance to the office support staff.
Financial Administration includes, as a minimum, the following powers, duties and functions:
- Receiving all money paid to the improvement district;
- Keeping all funds and securities of the improvement district;
- Authorizing accounts payable;
- Expending and disbursing money in the manner authorized by the board of trustees;
- Act as Payroll Officer;
- Preparing, maintaining and keeping safe the accurate records and full accounts of the improvement district’s financial affairs;
- Provide direction to the Trustees on financial matters;
- Conducting banking transactions on behalf of the district;
- Preparation and administration of annual budget;
- Investing funds in investments under section 745(4) of the Act;
- Compiling and supplying information on the financial affairs of the improvement district required by the Inspector of Municipalities;
- Act as Assessor/Collector for the District and as such prepare the assessment roll, co-ordinate tax notices and deposit the revenue in the appropriate accounts;
- Work in consultation with the district appointed Auditor to ensure that the daily financial records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices.
- Process and sign all agreements; right-of-way and statutory easements, property agreements, office equipment leases, maintenance contracts, construction agreements;
- Keeping the improvement district seal and having it affixed to documents as required;
- Accepting, on behalf of the improvement district or the board of trustees, notices and documents given or provided to the Improvement district or the board of trustees; and
- Provide access to all improvement district business records as required by law or authorized by the board of trustees;
- Prepare agenda for regular, special and annual meetings;
- Prepare accurate meeting minutes and ensuring the safekeeping of minutes, bylaws and other improvement district business records;
- Negotiation for employee benefit packages;
Under the limited direction of the General Manager and Trustees, is responsible for adhering to the requirements of the Local Government Act, Letters Patent, District Bylaws, and Trustee Policies, WCB Regulations, Labour Relations and the Employment Standards Act.
- Supervisory experience is required.
- Vadim software experience is required.
- Accounting Designation is preferred.
- Municipal experience an asset.
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Be sure to specify the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.