Our client is searching for an experienced Senior Accountant to join their dedicated team in the beautiful Okanagan Valley!
The Senior Accountant will oversee the accounting department functions with a focus on ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of financial statements and reporting. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving team performance and getting the most out of individual contributors.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including month and end-year process; accounts payable/receivable; cash receipts; general ledger; payroll and utilities; cash forecasting; revenue and expenditure variance analysis; capital assets reconciliations; trust account statement reconciliations;
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Coordinate and complete annual audits
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Meet financial accounting objectives
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- Proven working experience as a Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA is preferred;
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to direct and supervise
If the above describes the kind opportunity you are looking for, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected to proceed will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com