Our client is searching for an experienced Intermediate Accountant to join their dedicated team in the beautiful Okanagan Valley!
The Intermediate Accountant will be responsible for examining and analyzing the accounting and financial records of the organization to ensure accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards and procedures. To be successful in this role, you will have experience in a similar finance role and have strong technical accounting skills with advanced Excel skills. You will be a problem solver with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Gather and monitor financial data
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual statements (balance sheets and income statements)
- Forecast costs and revenues
- Manage tax payments
- Organize internal audits
- Prepare budgets (for the entire company and by department)
- Monitor and report on accounting discrepancies
- Conduct detailed risk analyses to assess potential investments
- Analyze financial trends
- Perform month-end and year-end close processes
- Proven work experience as a Financial Accountant or similar role
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and accounting software
- In-depth understanding of business bookkeeping procedures
- Solid knowledge of accounting regulations
- Excellent math skills with an attention to detail
- Time-management abilities
- Minimum requirement of High School diploma and Post-Secondary Accounting courses
- BSc degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field and asset
- Additional certification (e.g. CPA) is a plus
If the above describes the kind opportunity you are looking for, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected to proceed will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org